Blue and Gold Invitation
Looking for a cute, fun, and easy way to invite your Cub Scouts and their parents to a Blue & Gold celebration? Look no further.
Estimated time to complete: 30 minutes
What you’ll need for this project:
- Scrapbooking paper of your choice. We used Cub Scout paper from the Cub Scout Paper Pad – SKU 617545. You could also use paper from the Cub Scout Scrapbooking Kit – SKU 617530.
- Proud of My Cub Scout Sticker Sheet – SKU 617533
- Blue construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- White cardstock paper
- Small magnet dots. We used Aleene's® Magnetic Tacky Dots™.
- Craft scissors. We used Craft Smart® Zip Shaped Craft Scissors.
- Glue stick
- Scissors – straight edge
- Start by designing the verbiage you will print on the white interior rectangle. Follow our example or create your own. Don’t forget to include the time, date and location your event will take place!
- Simply type this verbiage up in a Word document or other program of your choosing, adjusting the fonts and colors to your liking and print on white cardstock paper. You will need to cut a 5.25"W x 3.75"L rectangle around your party invite verbiage so make sure you center appropriately to allow for ample cutting room!
- After choosing the paper you’re going to use; measure and cut an 8”x 8” square.
- Using the blue construction paper cut a 6"W x 4"L rectangle
- Using the yellow construction paper cut a 5.75"W x 4.25"L rectangle
- Using the white cardstock paper cut a 5.25"W x 3.75"L rectangle
- Take the 8" x 8" square of CS paper and position it to represent a diamond
- Start by pasting the blue rectangle in the center of the diamond.
- Align the yellow rectangle in the center of the blue rectangle and paste in place.
- Finally, take the white rectangle with your party details and center on top of the yellow rectangle. Paste in place.
- Place a small circle fleur-de-lis sticker from the Proud of My Cub Scout sticker sheet (SKU 617533) in the top center of the white rectangle.
- Fold the top, bottom and side flaps of the CS paper along the edges of the blue rectangle to create and envelope effect.
- Glue one magnet dot on the end of the top flap of the invitation. Glue another magnet dot to the top of the bottom flap. Return to the paper scraps from your CS paper used to cut your 8" square and cut a small piece to cover the magnet dot. Glue that piece over the magnet dot on the bottom flap.
- Cut a medium sized circle using a pair of craft scissors with the pattern of your choosing. We used Craft Smart® Zip Shaped Craft Scissors.
- Glue the blue circle to the top flap of the invitation, over the magnet dot.
- Lastly, place the Blue & Gold Banquet sticker from the Proud of My Cub Scout sticker sheet (SKU 617533) in the center of the blue circle.
- Each Paper Pad includes 2 of each style paper. Each Scrapbooking Kit includes 1 of each style paper. It’s ok to use multiple paper designs to create these invitations!
- Each sticker sheet includes one of each sticker. Don’t be shy to mix it up and use other stickers for the invitations, each one can be a little different!
Download these Instructions as a PDF.