This newly updated, interactive digital version of the Lifesaving Merit Badge Pamphlet allows more room for added material and more experiential content, such as:
• Photo Slideshows
• Pop-up Information
• And more!
By using this new enhanced digital download of the Merit Badge Pamphlet for Lifesaving, Scouts are better prepared to assist those involved in water accidents, learning the basic knowledge of rescue techniques, the skills to perform them, and the judgement to know when and how to act in case of emergency.
By earning the Lifesaving Merit Badge, a Scout will be able to discuss and/or demonstrate:
• Precautions for a safe swim, water rescue methods, and successful completion of the BSA swimmer test
• Common drowning situations and how to prevent them, as well as how to identify persons in the water who need assistance
• The order of methods in water rescue and how rescue techniques vary depending on the setting and the condition of the person needing assistance
• Situations for which in-water rescues should not be undertaken
• “Reaching” and “throwing” rescues using various items
• The use of rowboats, canoes, or other small craft in performing rescues
• Various items that can be used as rescue aids in a non-contact swimming rescue, including the use of rescue tubes and non-bouyant aids
• Knowledge of resuscitation procedures and first aid for other injuries or illnesses that could occur while swimming or boating
Standard English-language print version (SKU 618660 MBP 4C Lifesaving English) and Spanish-language print version (SKU 619145 MBP 4C Lifesaving Spanish) also available.