Electricity is a powerful and fascinating force of nature. As early as 600 BC, observers of the physical world suspected that electricity existed but did not have a name for it. Real progress in unraveling the mystery of electricity has come only within the last 250 years!
This pamphlet assists Scouts as they work towards earning their Electricity Merit Badge by broadening their knowledge of:
• How to respond to electrical emergencies
• Electrical safety inspections
• Electromagnetic attraction and repulsion
• Direct current and alternating current
• Fuses and electric circuits
• Energy costs and conservation