Such a natural way to show your gratitude! Each plaque has been hand-crafted in South Dakota using solid elm wood salvaged from downed trees.
The natural wood slice is then laser-engraved with the Universal Emblem and lettering reading: “In Sincere Appreciation of Your Commitment and Contribution to Scouting.”
Each plaque includes a brass-finish engraving plate measuring 3¼" x 1½" for personalization (engraving not included).
This is an all-natural wood plaque, so each piece is unique in size, grain, and color. No two pieces are alike. Overall plaque size will range from 7"-10" high x 7"-11" wide. Each slice is approximately ¾" thick.
Hiking is a terrific way to keep your body and mind in top shape, both now and for a lifetime. Walking packs power into your legs and makes your heart and lungs healthy and strong. Exploring the outdoors challenges you with discoveries and new ideas. Your senses will improve as you use your eyes and ears to gather information along the way.
Next time you take a hike, you will value the advice you practice while earning this merit badge.
Successfully completing this sports-activity merit badge is one of the requirements to earn the rank of Eagle Scout; other eligible options for completion of this badge include Swimming or Cycling (only one of these three sports-activity badges must be completed to earn the rank of Eagle Scout).
Ideal for young science enthusiasts, this kit offers a valuable lesson on the transformative power of green science.
The Dynamo Torch turns a simple toy motor into a generator that transforms hand motion into electrical energy and powers a light bulb. No batteries required. Ages 8+.
● Toy motor
● LED lightbulb
● Plastic casing
● Detailed assembly instructions
No additional parts or materials required.
This fun kit not only encourages imagination and critical thinking, it helps Tiger and Wolf Cub Scouts earn Adventure requirements. Ages 8+.
● Super Spy Journal (recording suspects and clues is an absolute necessity)
● X-ray Secret Notes (red and white encoded paper—can only be read with included Decoder)
● White Invisible Message Writer Pen (messages revealed with Message Developer)
● Black Message Developer (to develop messages written by secret pen)
● Secret Code Library (5 different alphabetical and numerical code systems, plus how-to section so you can make up your own)
● Morse Code Shutter Torch (perfect when Morse Code is your best communication)
● Cypher Wheel (a little help deciphering secret messages)
● Super Spy ID Card (for use as needed in interrogations) Learn More