Compact, light, and powerful design integrates two light sources as well as a wide-angle lens with a simple open-close feature, allowing the user to choose between a long-distance focused beam and flood-beam proximity lighting. Learn More
Versatile design integrates two light sources with five lighting modes:
One white high-output LED - delivers 70 lumens in maximum mode and lights up to 40 meters; in economic mode, can reach a burn-time of 185 hours. Includes two white lighting levels plus strobe.
One red LED - with two lighting modes, including "maximum" providing back-up lighting for preserving night vision and “strobe” for increased safety.
Also features IPX4 watertightness rating (water resistant). Includes three AAA/LR03 batteries.
Weighs just 2.82 oz. In Black. Learn More
Fourteen year-old Bindy is accompanying Boy Scout Jack, his sister Ashley and their parents as they travel through Maine’s Acadia National Park where marine mammals are mysteriously being stranded on the beaches. When they find a baby humpback whale stranded in a rocky tidal pool, they learn that Bindy knows who is behind the strandings but is afraid to tell. It is up to Jack and Ashley to get her to talk before more lives are endangered! "Out of the Deep" is part of the National Geographic’s "Mysteries in the Park" series which combines edge-of-your-seat fiction with information about our country’s natural heritage and the role we all have in understanding and protecting it for generations to come.
For readers ages 8 and up. 157 pages. Soft cover. Learn More
Have fun and get smarter at the same time! This best-seller is a cover-to-cover adventure now featuring exciting updates for 2014, including:
• Wild adventures highlighting your favorite animals in action
• Tons of all-new fun facts, including statistics, reference materials, and more than 500 incredible photographs
• A supersized fun-and-games section, now with jokes and comics plus weird-but-true facts and trivia
• New digital media extras, including scannable QR codes with games, videos, and photos for smartphones and iPod touch
• Countries and continents of the world with 20 updated maps (including the new country of South Sudan)
• Crafts and activities
• Extreme sports, space travel, cool inventions, silly pet tricks, green tips, and more!
Soft cover, 351 pages. Learn More