This manual contains recommended practices and procedures for council/district challenge course activities. These activities have been determined to have a high degree of safety and are commonly used.
Project COPE National Standards are required for all council and district challenge course activities.
While the goals and objectives of Project COPE are intended for Scouting youth, the great scope and flexibility of the program make it appropriate for people of all ages and abilities. A properly run Project COPE program can meet many needs of Scouting and the community.
Subject matter of this manual includes:
• Background and history of ropes courses
• How to start a new COPE Program, including Organizational structure, guidelines and marketing
• Program Activities
• Course Design and Construction
• Course Maintenance, Inspection and Record Keeping
• Staffing and Leadership
• Resources, checklists, sample forms and agreements
3-hole punched loose leaf pages for use in a binder or notebook
Measurements: 8.5" x 11" x 0.5"