Cub Scout Congrats Card
Looking for a Cub Scout craft, a way to say Congrats or Thanks? Follow these easy instructions for a fun and colorful card, for any occasion!
Estimated time to complete: 30 minutes
What you’ll need for this project:
- Scrapbooking paper of your choice. We used Cub Scout paper from the Cub Scout Scrabooking Kit – SKU 617530. You could also use paper from the Cub Scout Paper Pad – SKU 617545.
- Cub Scout Stickers, Letters and Rope String – SKU 617530
- Red construction paper
- Glue stick
- Start by cutting a 9”L x 7.75” W rectangle of red construction paper. Fold in half long ways.
- Choose the paper you’re going to use for the majority of your card; measure and cut a 4.5”L x 7.5”W rectangle.
- Choose a second paper for the left panel of the card; measure and cut a 4.5”L x 2”W rectangle.
- Align this rectangle along the left side of the first rectangle and glue in place.
- Cut a 10” piece of rope string.
- Pierce a small hole in the fold of the card, about .5” to the right of where the second paper ends. Thread one end of the rope string through the hole and bring the other end around the bottom of the card and meet in the middle with both ends. Tie snuggly to secure the rope string in place.
- Embellish the front of your card using stickers and letters included in the Cub Scout Scrapbooking kit. We used the 3D Cub Scout ribbon sticker, the insignia letters and the Do Your Best flat sticker.
- Each Paper Pad includes 2 of each style paper. Each Scrapbooking Kit includes 1 of each style paper. It’s ok to use multiple paper designs to create multiple cards!
- Each scrapbooking kit includes one of each sticker. Don’t be shy to mix it up and use different stickers for other cards, each one can be a little different!
Download these Instructions as a PDF.