Technology has come a long way since the Computers merit badge was first introduced in 1967. This Merit Badge Pamphlet will teach Scouts about technology in the digital age so that they can obtain the new Digital Technology Merit Badge as they explore careers in this field.
Activities and requirements include:
• Earning the Cyber Chip
• Becoming familiar with digitized storage, the difference between lossy and lossless data, compression and digital devices and their uses
• Learning about computers, mobile devices, gaming consoles, and computer networks and purposes
• Investigating malware and protection of digital devices and information
• Becoming familiar with terms such as “copyright,” “patents,” “trademarks,” and “trade secrets”
• Learning how to properly dispose of or recycle digital technology
Replaces Computers Merit Badge Pamphlet (35821).